Monday, December 7

THE FRIENDS STAND -



another one of my favorite days cabbing to my favorite place. 
church. 
i passed a marathon and something caught my eye. 
not the banners. not the barricades. not the fancy brocade of a vest the police were wearing. 
oh, it was what i'd affectionately call: the friends stand. 
all along the way, the long treacherous route were clusters of people. 
holding clappers and cheering the runners on. 
oh wow, i thought. it was only 10 mins shy of 730am and they looked like the dawn of day. 
waving enthusiastically, they clapped, cheered, whistled, reassured, encouraged. 
all for one motive - so that the participants will never give up. 
i call them the friends stand for one reason. 
they remind me of the friends i have
love that. 
there are times i stumble and fall, but they are there to pick me up. to see that i press on
there are times a fleeting thought throws me off guard and when i contemplate throwing in the towel, they remind me the reason why i'm doing what i'm doing.
and i couldn't ask for more. 
not just them but i see Jesus cheering me on, in the stands. 
the firm, strong yet tender look in His eyes that tells me everything's gonna be alright. 
i am super blessed because of my Savior's love for me. the love of my family & friends. 
xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails